Monday, September 22, 2014

Ancient Relic Tour Day 18

Today we took it fairly easy. Hopped on the hotel shuttle into the capital of Gozo, Victoria. We didn’t have much time there, but it’s a very small town anyway. Low and behold, what did I find… a fabric store…….Not that I would buy anything anyway…I think I’m at the max for my luggage weight as it is, but is was just nice to go in have a browse and get my fix…..Yes I did run my fingers across the bolts, like the fabric addict I am. Three weeks is a long time to be without fabric! There was the issue of price as well, I looked at 1 bolt and it was priced at 15.95 euro  which would convert to about $22.50 Canadian per meter…ouch.

IMG_0656IMG_0658

The shop was called Terry’s Fabric and had an overall good selection considering the size of Gozo and the size of Victoria. They even had Ackfeld quilt hangers in stock!

IMG_0657IMG_0661IMG_0659

I felt right at home when I saw all the Christmas bolts that must have just come in and were waiting to be put on the shelves. What’s a fabric store without a 50% off selected fabric sale and look at there supply of novelty buttons.

IMG_0665IMG_0666IMG_0668

These are the views from our room….the harbour, the church and the swimming pool, which we spent the afternoon at today…Wonderful!

It’s about 100 degrees in the shade here, very, very HOT. Usually the first thing I do when we get back to the room is turn on the air conditioning as I’m dying. Tonight Dear Mom says to me….”Can you please wait to turn on the freezer till I get into bed and under the covers.”  Honest to God, she took an extra wool blanket out of the closet tonight and put it on her bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment