Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Going Coastal- Day 15

I think I’m maybe getting a bit homesick for the grandsons and for the kids. Our daughter posted this pic on Facebook for us and every time I see it I want to start heading right home.  Gosh I miss these little guys!

boys

We are on our way up the Oregon coast to Washington. The scenery and coast is breathtaking. Seaside villages all along the coast every few miles and you can smell the ocean. It is very foggy with a light mist drizzling all the way. We stopped in the morning at Quilter’s Cove in Newport. She carries a wide array of patterns and has great prices on batik fabric. The store has several McKenna Ryan quilts on display.  I love her patterns and quilts and have about 4 WIP’s still not finished. I did purchase a variety of brown and beige batiks for a pattern I am working on for my Son in Law. He’s a huge hunting fanatic and it’s of a deer in the woods. I did have most of the fabric for it but did need a few additional shades for the deer itself, so these fabrics will be perfect.

SAM_2715SAM_2716SAM_2718

We stopped at Cannon Beach and walked the beach to the Haystacks….it seems amazing to have now touched both oceans in my lifetime. The Atlantic and the Pacific. The water was very very cold as was the temperatures. Just between 15 and 18 degrees Celsius..a huge change from the sweltering 38-43 degrees of the last few weeks, so I am not complaining. Tonight we are at another KOA…and I am willing to admit that I do not have cabin fever…yet.SAM_2752

No comments:

Post a Comment