Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Farmer’s Wife

samsung 010samsung 005
I was teaching a monthly Farmer’s Wife class at Kindred Spirit’s Quilt Company and last month was the final class. It was 10 months long, meeting the 1st Wednesday of each month. The aim was to have students complete 5 blocks from the book each month. This would help them get well on their way to completing their quilts. It was one of the best classes I have had, such fun, so many options for fabric. Everyone  did amazing and their blocks were all gorgeous. I didn’t use all my blocks in my wall quilt. I only needed  41 to complete the size I needed for the wall in my living room. I had more than a few blocks leftover for a runner as well. I custom quilted the wall quilt but used a pantograph on the runner. I wanted students to see the options available for quilting , custom  or pattern. I preferred the custom, but the pantograph looked quite nice as well.  I was kind of sad…. I tried to use up my scrap stash while making this quilt…believe it or not, it didn’t even make a dent.

No comments:

Post a Comment