Monday, December 29, 2014

A Diamond in the Rough

IMG_1373IMG_1374

I’ve made pretty good headway with my diamonds …the starting point for Eleanor Burns Radiant Star that I am teaching at Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. It looked a bit daunting in the book and I was starting to second guess my choice to make it, but it has progressed better than I thought and quite frankly, it’s been a breeze.

Just time consuming with all the strips sets sewn then cut and sewn again. Plus aligning the points is critical so it’s a slow go.

I have been trying to utilize the fabric I have stashed away and I had this nice selection of blue and yellow co-ordinated fabric….. since I don’t know when. All I know is that it’s from Faye Liverman Bourgos from Marcus Brothers as that’s what it said on the selvage.  It could easily be 10-15 years old for all I know.  Better late than never!

IMG_1375

Anyway, it’s turning out quite nice and looks almost vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment