Thursday, June 26, 2014

Star light, Star bright, second strips of stars tonight

SAM_0260

I had originally made the lighter set of stars for the Quilt Doodle Doodles  BOM, you can find it here http://quiltdoodledesigns.blogspot.ca/p/bom-2014.html

Every time I looked at the strip, I was just not happy with the fabric choice. It seemed like it was the right shade of blue to co-ordinate with the outside border, but it was just too bright.

SAM_0261

I knew that I  would not be happy with it until I remade it in the right color choice….so off I went making another whole strip of stars.

Once that was complete it was off to the next month’s block…a strip of skates!

SAM_0259

I did change the pattern from what she called for…hers was made from 2.5 inch squares, and let’s face it…I’m just lazy and that was just way too much work so I revamped the pattern for a speed skating construction…Mine maybe is a little boxy..but it’s  DONE!

SAM_0257

No comments:

Post a Comment