Saturday, June 21, 2014

Productive Day

I was up and out of bed at 7am…had my coffee and by 8 was down in the sewing room. I wasn’t really planning much, whatever got done was fine by me.

It turned out to be a productive day.  I thought it would be a good day if I could even managed to get my latest block of Penguin Cheer completed. I had traced the pieces and fused them to the fabric the night before , but that’s as far as I got. I started cutting, laying out and appliqueing and about an hour later it was fully done. Not as bad as I thought.

SAM_0251

By now Dear Hubby was up and looking for something to amuse himself  with….

Hey today might be a good day to cut the trim I’ve been nagging about for the last 2 weeks….

I don’t feel like it…

You could use your power table saw…

Measure where you want them cut……

Oh the power tool of suggestion! 

The trim is for the quilting room and I managed to get it nailed up  as well. The quilt table wrecks havoc with the wall every time I push it back into place. We had paint chipped off and  dents in the wall from years of good use, I’m not complaining, we just needed some cosmetic upgrades to alleviate the problem.

SAM_0248SAM_0256SAM_0254SAM_0252

I also managed to quilt my sister- in- law’s table topper, my sister- in- law’s runner and a large lap quilt that had been desperately waiting to be quilted.

Did I mention I stayed in my pyjamas until dinner time? I know why even bother getting dressed at that point…but I had to visit Kindred Spirits for their open house, and while they probably could have cared less that I showed up in my PJ’s…I do have standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment