Saturday, June 28, 2014

I’m in a pickle

I have way too much time on my hands…..can’t you just buy a jar of dills for about $2.99 and let Vlasic do all the work.
SAM_0218
That would be way too easy….
Canning jars..$9.99
Baby Cukes…$2.99 for a bag of about 10
Fresh Dill…$2.49 a bunch, did you know you can freeze the 800 sprigs of leftover dill
Vinegar….$3.84…now I know that sounds expensive…but that was for 2 mother of all mother jugs at Sam’s, now I have enough vinegar to can half the state of  Florida
1 Jar Bernardin Dill Pickle Mix…$5.99
So for roughly $28.00 I got 2 perfect jars of homemade dills….$23.00 of that was worth the satisfaction of saying I did it myself.
SAM_0278SAM_0221
Now these are super simple dills…you just wash the cukes, slice them lengthwise and stack them in your jar with a few sprigs of fresh dill and garlic, boil the vinegar and water along with the dill mix on the stove, following the directions on the container, then pour the hot mixture over your cukes, seal and store them in the fridge for 3 weeks before eating.
I CAN honestly say that these are the best dills I have ever had…and they should be…I did the math and each frigin slice calculated out to .89 cents each! (_!*#_)*#_*!#&)(&#)(#*
Now that’s money well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment