Monday, June 16, 2014

It’s good to have options

SAM_9956

I had given Dear Eldest Daughter and her new hubby a Thimbleberries quilt for their new home several months back. As I was perusing my stash I came across a jelly roll that I had originally earmarked for a jelly roll race quilt.  As I looked at the colors , I realized it would be far better suited for a log cabin variation and that it would also be perfect for Dear Eldest Daughter’s bedroom. I’m showing the quilt on my bed, but their bedroom is painted a deep burgundy with rich taupe color drapes. The colors were a perfect match.

This pattern is a slight variation an a log cabin and is set on point. I quilted it in the pantograph pattern, Country Rose.SAM_9974SAM_9976

I bought extra fabric that was used for the setting triangles and made 2 matching pillow sham. Now she has a few options for the look of her room.

SAM_9960SAM_9962

No comments:

Post a Comment