Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Domesticated Diva

Ok, What just happened!……she went from this to this in 6 short weeks…OMG…where’s my daughter and what have you done with her. I knew she was flying the coop…but this is ridiculous.
073A1499SAM_0266
I thought it was sweet that her fiancé ‘s gift to his bride on the wedding day was a chicken coup and a gift certificate for 5 chickens…he had mentioned free eggs, so I was all ears.  I didn’t realize that it would be at the expense of my daughter’s diva-ness. First he buys her a house in the country on 3 acres, then the chicken coup and the chicks, today we were there for dinner and she mentions a goat…
I said I was a vegetarian, she said not for dinner, for cheese. She says she’ll get a female as she read that the males are more hostile. Where the hell do you read this kind of stuff, surely not on the Kindle I bought you for Christmas. Her favourite books used to be along the lines of 50 Shades of Grey….now the only thing that resembles that is color of my hair. Good lord! The highlight of her evening was showing us the chicks!
SAM_0262SAM_0263SAM_0270SAM_0267
Plus she has them all named…..Chicken Nugget, Minnie Mouse, Twinkie, Georgia, Marg, and Little Jerry Seinfeld is the rooster. These aren't chickens...these are pets!
I don’t mean to be a mother hen, and to say something would be like walking on eggshells, but  what just happened here.
We were promptly asked to l leave when Dear Hubby suggested that they have us over for chicken wings in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment