5 Tbsp. butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Delight Butter Pecan Creamer
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- . . SUGAR CRUMB FILLING/TOPPING
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- First make sugar crumb filling. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Cut in COLD butter until a crumb is formed. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in egg.
- Add sour cream and creamer and blend until well combined.
- In a small-medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Pour half of dry ingredients into batter and stir in with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Add in remaining half of batter until just combined. Don't over stir. Note that the batter WILL BE THICK. Totally normal and perfect.
- Drop by large ice cream scoop into large free standing baking pans, spread an even layer
- Sprinkle some crumb mixture over batter. Layer another layer of batter over the top of crumb. Layer a second layer of crumb.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Fabulous with a coffee, and a bit of peace and quiet first thing in the morning…mmmmmmm!
This recipe was an adaptation from http://www.chef-in-training.com/2013/03/creme-brulee-muffins