Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Zigged when I should have Zagged

SAM_5020SAM_5022

I like to use up leftover fabric as I go along, rather than put the scraps back into stash or into my scrap baskets. Most of this fabric was leftover from my Log Cabin quilt…all I had to do was add an additional few black 2.5 strips.

There a quite a few good tutorials on the internet to help you with this pattern. I laid mine out and the more I looked at it, the more confused I got, even with the tutorial.  I just couldn’t get the zigs to zag…..then it hit me…I saw the “L” for loser  shape in the design. From then on, no problem to getting my blocks to zig and zag. I opted to quit it in a straight line format with black, white and grey variegated thread. It made for a nice size runner when completed.

SAM_5023SAM_5027SAM_5028

No comments:

Post a Comment