Thursday, July 31, 2014

On a straight and narrow path

SAM_0531

Kindred Spirits Quilt Company has been getting a lot of new deliveries at the store including this newest line called Through the Winter Woods by Holly Taylor for Moda.

It’s so rich and warm looking, perfect for the holiday season.  This was the perfect fabric to sew my new runner pattern with. It’s a nice simple pattern to make and is designed for the novice or beginner quilter, but I like it because it showcases your favourite fabric.

SAM_0534

I love the pinecone fabric and I really like the way the red and green co-ordinated fabrics compliment each other and pick up the colors in the pinecone fabric. I quilted the runner with an olive green thread and used the pantograph Happy Times. The pattern is called “On a Straight and Narrow Path”.

No comments:

Post a Comment