Sunday, July 6, 2014

I couldn’t wait to show you

When we were at Spring Market I saw a quilt that just spoke to me. It was a free pattern offered by Michael Miller from A Fashionista Quilt Studio. Her original design was more geared to fashion and sewing with zippers and buttons, but I knew I could make some changes and gear it more to quilting.

 dress1dress

I had a stash of fabric prints from the line  La Petite Mercerier called Sewing Sampler by Lecien that I used for the background and for the outside border. Instead of adding zippers and buttons I opted to embroider Quilt and Press around mine with an appliqued needle, bobbin and pin cushion. The quilt needs to be long armed prior to adding the dress. Love it, love it, love it! I’ll show you the complete finished quilt in a few days.

SAM_0126SAM_0127SAM_0128

No comments:

Post a Comment