Monday, February 25, 2013

Three’s not Company, Three’s a Crowd

SAM_5741

I brought this BOM with me to Florida to work on as I have not touched  it since 2009…that’s right…2009. Shame on me. I started the classes and after I completed the first month, making 4 blocks…1-12 inch block and 3- 6 inch blocks… I lost interest.  Each month after that I just picked up the fabric and pattern packages till I had them al and tucked them away. I loved the quilt when I first saw it, it’s a Thimbleberries BOM design, but the blocks were intricate and I just wasn’t up to it.  The pattern is called Three’s Company.

SAM_5744

It cost a small fortune to purchase the whole kit, so I knew I was going to have to get it finished. Florida vacation seemed like a good opportunity to slowly work through all the blocks with patience. There are a total of 48 blocks to complete for the main quilt then several borders as well.

I am delighted to say that ALL the blocks are now complete and I will start to get the quilt top together. I worked a full week on the blocks, doing the large blocks in the mornings and the smaller ones during the evenings. It feels so good to have them all pieced.

1 comment:

  1. That is a very good feeling!I've got some BOM's I need to finish as well and I will. Just not today.

    ReplyDelete