Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Aye Carumba!!!!!!

What would be the chances!

SAM_5343

Dear Hubby and I are staying near Lutz in Florida for the month and the second evening or so we opted for a short walk around the area near our hotel…..Low and behold…..a quilt shop!, within 500 feet of our hotel. Dear Hubby can be a jackass sometimes and as we were walking he says…”hey look…scrap and sew”….I thought he was being a jerk and just teasing as I’m always looking for quilt shops and he’s always trying to get as far away as he can from them. He was serious!

It was Scrap and Sew!

I did take a short stroll over the next day and had a look for myself…nice shop, a good selection of fabric and machines. I did pick up a few fat quarters for an I spy quilt that I’m anticipating. When I first posted that we were travelling to Florida, I got a nice message from Jocelyn of Happy Cottage Quilter, you can find her here  http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/, who offered to help me find quilt shops near Tampa and  mentioned this store in her list….LOL…who would have thought that it would be in my neighbourhood!

SAM_5344SAM_5345SAM_5346SAM_5347

1 comment:

  1. aha! You found it!! So glad you are having a quilting retreat and shop hop of your own :-) Can't wait to hear what you think of Rainbow's end in Dunedin. Please don't miss that one :-)

    ReplyDelete