Thursday, February 28, 2013

As if I didn’t have enough to do…..

SAM_5822

Why not use up itty bitty 1/2 square triangle cut offs?  Am I totally nuts?  While working on my Three’s Company BOM quilt there were a ton of  1/2 square triangle cut offs from the blocks. It seemed such a waste to throw them away so I started tucking them  in a baggie and when all the blocks were finished I had accumulated 114 of the little nasties. So what do you do with all of them? Well you sew them across, square them up to 1.25 inch  and design a mini quilt. Ya really, I have way too much time on my hands.  I added a couple of small borders, quilted it up and voilà its a cute little table mat measuring about 18X20. The finished squares ended up at 3/4 of an inch.  Tiny, and so is my common sense as I could have finished a whole king size quilt in the time it took me to do this little guy.

SAM_5820

No comments:

Post a Comment