Friday, August 20, 2010

Pieceful Nights-Stressful days


Recently I made myself a promise not to start any new quilting projects until I complete some of the UFOs I presently have. Do you know how difficult that is......of course you do. There are so many new fabulous projects and patterns and it takes all my strength to resist. I must have at least 10 unfinished, partially started, almost done quilts that I have committed to finish. I started this BOM a few years back and it was on the agenda to get completed. It's called "Pieceful Nights", but it's causing me stressful days. I have all the blocks completed, the centre block is done and all the template pieces that go in between are finished as well.

I started getting into the nitty gritty of putting it all together, which is a bit of a challenge because a lot of the corners are mitered and there must be at least 20 template pieces to get lined up. I thought I was doing pretty well until I came across the first dreaded miter corner plus a Y setting *!@_^%!@(&^$(^$~_^


I have sewed and ripped and sewed and ripped that thing at least 5 times and last night at about midnight I finally gave up and went to bed with a headache. I just couldn't grasp it. This morning, in a better frame of mind, I called Gloria who taught the class and she has graciously offered to come and teach me how to get these corners done correctly so I can tick this one off my list. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll post the completed one and can once again have pieceful nights and stress free days.

No comments:

Post a Comment