Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Katie Did

My niece Katie did a fabulous job on her first quilt. It's nice to say she gets something from me? This quilt is so sweet and is for Katie's daughter Maybelle for her "big girl bed". Maybelle just turned 2 and Katie is very pregnant with her second child due in a few weeks. She had good intentions of finishing this, however, with the baby due, she just couldn't get it quite finished. She had taken the class at Joyce Hancocks in Oshawa. I give her kudos as she even put it all together, pinned and stitched in the ditch. On the weekend she gave it to me and asked if I could help her get it finished as she was "pooped". It is difficult to put a quilt on the longarm machine once it's already got the batting, backing and top together stitched, but Katie had done such a great job with her pinning and stitching that it went on perfectly. I quilted it in Angel Wings and it looks amazing. Kate had chosen a striped fabric for the binding so I cut that on the bias, sewed it on and now Maybelle has her new big girl quilt. Katie I'm so proud of you, you did a great job.

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Bunky (should I call you "Aunt Leslie" on here? Sounds weird lol) I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! Thank you sooo much! I can't wait to see it in person & show Maybelle!
    Love your blog by the way!
    xo
    Katie

    ReplyDelete