Saturday, November 2, 2013

There’s always time to quilt

SAM_8951

I came back from Houston Quilt Market, totally expired inspired. All my creative juices flowing and just itchin to creative something. I’ve seen variations of the Dresden clock and have very much wanted to create one of my own. Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. had this wonderful new fabric in, covered with spools of thread, ironically called “A stitch in time” by Elizabeth’s Studio. How fitting!

SAM_8953

That background fabric was the jumping off point, I had the pink gingham and teal polka dot in my stash, along with a wooden embroidery hoop, which was sitting idle, as you all know I hate to embroider. I was not sad in the least to be able to use the hoop as the frame for the clock, as now I have a legitimate excuse not to do the thing I like the least in crafting. Bonus!

SAM_8954

Time well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment