Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sneak Peek

I’ve been playing around again, trying to get my ducks in order prior to May, which by the way is only 6 months away.

SAM_7520

I’ve been practising my daughter’s wedding cake, trying to get it perfected prior to special day. I like to get a head start on things, as I know the months will fly by and I’ll be panicking if I don’t have a solid idea and plan in place.

SAM_7518SAM_7519SAM_7521

It wasn’t suppose to even look like this actually. Dear Eldest Daughter had requested something “Vintage” looking and  I had in my mind a ruffled frill going round the tiers. Once I started, that quickly went for a _ _ _ _ as I just couldn’t get the knack of it. So I stood there, racking my brain, with the royal icing hardening on my spatula, and thinking, crap, I’m totally screwed.  I can’t do this, I’ll have to take out a second mortgage now to pay the bakery to do this wedding cake!

After a few minutes of panic….I decided I really had nothing to lose, as the icing was already made, so I just started to play a bit.  A few more try's produced even worse results…..if  Dear Eldest Daughter wanted vintage, she was certainly getting it. The cake looked like it was iced thirty years ago, thrown in cake box, and transported on the Titanic.

I was absolutely determined and with a few deep inhales of vanilla bean and egg whites I persevered and came up with what I thought might pass as a vintage look.  Dear eldest daughter and her better half to be loved the look and all is good. This is what we are going with, if I can recreate it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment