Saturday, July 13, 2013

In their new home

SAM_6907

Although I hated to part with them, they do look lovely in their new home. My brother and his wife moved to a new home in Grimsby and when they moved in I gave them the quilt “Stars around the garden”.  My brother is very good to me, doing all kinds of handy man things that Dear Hubby struggles with. Like putting in our dishwasher, changing our kitchen taps so they don’t leak, installing a new kitchen sink and even adding new wheels to my quilt machine. Needless to say, I owe him big-time, and what better way to pay it forward than to give them a quilt that they love.

I gave them the option of picking a quilt from my stash when they moved in and this is the one they chose. It looks amazing on their bed. The quilted Lone Star above the bed was a gift I gave them for their recent 31st wedding anniversary. 

Both look lovely and I know that they will be loved and cherished for years, which is really what quilting is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment