Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thimbleberries Entrance

SAM_4583
Years ago my mom had made a Thimbleberries  quilt and had lots of extra scrap fabric left over. She was cleaning out some of her excess  stuff and brought me a huge bag of the extras. I was even lucky enough that some of the scraps were already sewn in strips for a  piano key border. It was just a matter of cutting them into blocks and sewing them on point. She even had enough stash scrap pieces that I could get a small border plus the binding out. Voila, a perfect runner for my front hall entrance way. The lovely painting above the cupboard is an original painting by my mom as well.  I love when I get all these fabulous finds from her.  I really like the way this scrap runner turned out and at such a great price…free.

No comments:

Post a Comment