Tuesday, October 5, 2010

NYC trip....Bad Hair Day

If you've ever been to New York City you know that they have a
wonderful subway system that can take you virtually anywhere.
Even with such a phenomenal system, as a tourist, you still walk and walk and walk. After about the 4th day of dragging hubby all over NYC, his leg and ankle started to swell up and he could barely walk. He rarely ever complains about anything so I new he was hurting when he did mention it. He was in agony. The last 2 days of the trip were spent with his leg up in bed trying to ice it to get the swelling down. ( once home and up to the doctor, turns out it is gout). I had a list of things yet to do in NYC and while I love him dearly, it's not much fun in the hotel with him watching the swelling go down. I had wanted to go to the museum of Natural History uptown, however we were staying in Brooklyn and he didn't relish the thought of me going all that way on the subway by myself. I found out that Brooklyn has a museum of it's own, and he was comfortable with me venturing there. I spent a nice afternoon exploring and came across this sculpture in the contemporary art section of the museum. It's Nick Cave's Soundsuit exhibit, but I laughed when I saw it cause it just reminded me of a really bad hair day.

No comments:

Post a Comment