Friday, September 17, 2010

The little monkey turns one


I can't believe that the little monkey turns one in a month. Our grandson Ayden is having his first birthday...where did that year go. My daughter asked me to make his invitations as she couldn't find anything she really liked at the stores. His parents decided that his birthday party would be a Halloween theme as it's so close to the 31st.
I used my new Stampin Up Sock Monkey set and hand colored the wagon, hat and monkey. I had to use my "stamp a ma jig" to get the monkey lined up properly in the wagon. I even stamped a little banana on the envelopes. We are rather partial to the sock monkey as Ayden's nursery was all done in the sock monkey theme. Everything from the quilt, to the change table cover to the pictures on the wall were sock monkeys, so it seems natural that his invitations would be that theme as well. Can't wait it should be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment