I love baking. The only problem with baking is that you have to sample your wares to make sure that they taste good. I should curtail the amount I bake because I have noticed the pounds creeping up namely because of all the taste tests. I can't help myself, I love to bake, love to smell the aromas coming from the kitchen and love to see the finished product.
I'm giving you the recipe because why should I be the only one with a wide end load....Enjoy!
Strawberry Braided Bread
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups fresh cut strawberries
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll dough into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spoon strawberry jam and sliced strawberries down center third of dough.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across strawberries; seal ends.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool slightly. In a microwave-safe dish, microwave frosting on high 5-10 seconds or until of desired consistency; drizzle over pastry.