Sunday, July 13, 2014

Leftover Logs

SAM_0323

I have been really trying hard to finish my abundance of  UFO’s. It seems endless…..I know that I am not the only quilter with this dilemma. Every time I open a drawer or cabinet to look for a new project to start, something with a pile of dust on it, jumps out and yells…FINISH ME!

That’s what happened when I came across these half finished log cabin blocks. I swear these must well over 10 years in the making as I did not recognize any of the fabric in them. If I can remember correctly, these were suppose to resemble a queen size quilt, but with only 9 blocks done, it was far from fruition.

The fabric is not the best(I recognise that now)so to continue making the quilt would really be a waste. But I hade 9 finished ones, so what could I make from the ones I had done?

Dear eldest sister is always hinting for quilts when she  visits so I think I could squeeze these into a table runner for her kitchen.

Let’s turn them on point, add some setting triangles and a border and call it a day. DONE!

SAM_0324SAM_0325

I quilted it with the pantograph called Folk Hearts…so good to have another thing cleared our of the to do pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment