Thursday, July 11, 2013

Anniversary Quilt

SAM_6906

My brother and sister in law had their 25th anniversary a few years back and I made them this quilt to celebrate. I’m not sure that I ever got a picture of it, and I certainly had not posted it on my blog, so a recent visit to their place gave me the opportunity to snap one.

It’s a pleasure to give them quilts as my sister in law is always so appreciative  and proudly displays them around her home. This one looks great laying over the back of their sofa.

I can’t tell you the name of this pattern, it was a photocopy template from a swap quilt class I took at Gone to Pieces years and years ago. A neat concept whereby you bring 5X5 squares of good quality cotton from your stash to class and trade with other participants so everyone winds up with a wide variety of fabrics. You then use the squares to make 1/2 square triangle (or not ) and the store gave you several options for layouts with them. I always liked this heart layout one, so opted to make my brother and his wife this one from my stash. They love and I love it, plus the heart pattern was very applicable for their anniversary.

1 comment: