Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Super Super hero quilts

SAM_6706SAM_6708

I’ve been busy making not 1 but 2 Superman quilts for my grandsons. My daughter has put the boys together in one bedroom and bought bunk beds from Ikea……..you know what’s coming right…..”Hey Mom, I need matching quilts for the boys”

I’ve actually had the Superman fabric since last year when I visited Checker’s with the  Girls from Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. I was able to get the fabric samples they sell off at a discount, then purchased a bolt of the Superman fabric for the borders and backing. One of the samples was a panel of the larger Superman blocks….bonus.

I used the pattern, Just Can’t Cut It, added a 3 inch red inner border and an outer 6.5 inch Superman fabric border. These are really sweet quilts and what is perfect is that they are finished at exactly the same time the new Superman movie comes out. Can’t wait to see the boys reactions.

SAM_6761SAM_6763

No comments:

Post a Comment