Monday, June 24, 2013

Fun Road Trip

SAM_6713

We recently took a weekend road trip to Syracuse. The initial road trip was to visit Syracuse and watch the Syracuse Crunch AHL team compete for the Calder Cup. Dear Hubby is a huge hockey fan and of course I go along for the ride……and the shopping(I’m not totally daft). Every so often we come across a quilt shop on these road trips and if I pout and stomp my feet loud enough, Dear Hubby usually will pull over.

We were on Route 104 just past Lockport when we came across Heartland Quilt Shop. It’s an awesome shop, large, spacious and just packed full of wonderful quilt goodies. They have a wonderfully large classroom area and the fabric choices were great. Lots of books and patterns…

SAM_6712SAM_6710

SAM_6711

I did luck out and found tractor fabric for a quilt for my future son-in-law. My daughter has been asking me to make him a tractor quilt, but I had been struggling finding just the right fabric. This one looks quite manly and has enough color options in it that I should have no problem matching fabric up. I also picked up a nice book with some really cute fall projects that might work well for classes at Kindred Spirits Quilt Co.

SAM_6747SAM_6751

No comments:

Post a Comment