Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Changeup

SAM_6417

I really love this Apples of Gold BOM offered by Val Laird. I love the scrappy look of the quilt and all the little pieces and blocks that make it up. What I was not totally in love with was the hand embroidery…I love hers……hate mine.  I admit freely…I can not embroider.  I haven’t been happy with the second block since it was done so I decided to change it up and I’m liking it alot more now. I had purchased a panel of these cute little quilter sayings while I was in Florida and decided they would look cute substituted for the embroidery. It took a little wrangling to get it to fit but did get them to work in.

SAM_6419

I went back and changed month 2 as well……

SAM_6420

Here’s the first section completed. Now I LOVE it.

SAM_6421

No comments:

Post a Comment