Friday, January 16, 2015

Jaws or Flipper?

IMG_1482
So I’m making the blocks for the Pirate BOM I’m teaching at Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. and am making good headway when the strangest thing happened. I traced my pattern onto Wonder Under and fused it to my fabric, cut it out and prepared to add the piece to the background fabric when ….!#)#*_!*$&(_!_# it’s not a shark it’s flipper. I’m looking at it and looking at it and thinking, was the pattern piece not reversed when I traced it, I thought it was. I was stumped. I stood for the longest time trying to figure out what I had done wrong, about to curse, actually I was already cursing  as I didn’t have anymore of the blue fabric that I had chosen, pissed off because I had made such a silly mistake. I rechecked the pattern piece, and I had done it right…why was this guy backwards and why did it look like a dolphin and not my shark.
Then I flipped it around…..
IMG_1484
Amazing, a shark is just a dolphin upside down…who knew!
Now he looks better. This is Amy Bradley’s design called Pirates…sharks are suppose to be scary, but this guy is just adorable.
IMG_1490IMG_1491

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That just goes to show that everything depends on how you look at it!

    I agree, the shark is adorable.

    ReplyDelete