Saturday, September 14, 2013

Poinsettia's are Blooming

SAM_7475

Finally, finally finished this beauty. What a task…my issues completely, nothing to do with the design of the quilt. I just didn’t pay attention to what I should have. I chain sewed one section of ALL 36 blocks wrong. )&_Q*_)*_Q*_)*Q#(&R_Q*_)*

Ug…..had to pick and pick and pick.

This quilt is from Kim Brackett’s book Scrap Basket Beauties called Poinsettia and it is a class scheduled at Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. …just in time for Christmas. This quilt would look lovely as a table topper over the holidays.

SAM_7476SAM_7478

The outside border is a phenomenal fabric from Hoffman Fabrics called Merry Birds.SAM_7479

I lucked out and found this gold shimmered fabric for the back in my stash. Don’t you love when that happens. I quilted it in the pattern called Happy Times.

SAM_7480

No comments:

Post a Comment