Saturday, August 17, 2013

Honk…Honk…Honk

SAM_7159

You can almost hear the Canada Geese in this quilt. Finally finished and loving it. It is a pattern designed by Margaret Rolfe and from the book Wild About Quilts Again.

I first saw this quilt about 10 years ago at a store in Maine. They did not have the pattern, but the owner mentioned the book and the designer.  I looked and looked for it, and finally out of exasperation I ordered a used copy of the book from Amazon about 5 years ago.

Finally after seeing the inspiration quilt I’ve completed my own. I live in the Niagara area where the Canada Geese are plentiful and are constantly flying over head. Sometimes at dawn, while lying in bed, I can hear the “honk, honk. honk” as they fly overhead, on their way to Port Dalhousie.

SAM_7156

No comments:

Post a Comment