Wednesday, January 9, 2013

No new fabric was harmed in the construction of this block

SAM_5004

I’m teaching the Quilt in a Day Log Cabin Quilt at Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. and wanted to have a sample to demo along with the students. I decided to do a queen size quilt which consists of  (36) 14.5 inch blocks. Yep..that’s lots of fabric.

Now believe it or not, I’ve been on a mission to use fabric from my stash and to try and limit my addiction to  spending on new material.

Believe it or not I was able to get all the fabric  for this quilt…including borders, binding and backing from my stash.

Now that could be two schools of thought…….

One……from the quilter’s mindset…wow she actually used her stash for this quilt?  Wow…all those blacks, creams and even that centre fabric that has both the grey and cream in it? Wow she must have an incredible stash and how frugal of her to use it all and not have to purchase anything co-coordinating!

 

Two…from the producer of Hoarder’s…”get this woman on the phone, we need her for our next segment”

Anyway…I’m proud of myself for resisting the temptation to start a log cabin with a new line featured at the store. I’m proud of digging into the depths of my bins to get just the right combination of stash that worked!

Actually even I was shocked that I had this much co-coordinating fabric…

No comments:

Post a Comment