Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

You have to love the spirit of women who find the strength at such a difficult time to support, love and give hope to their friends who face the challenge of breast cancer. I am always touched when I'm asked to quilt a friendship quilt of hope for a customer. To read the sentiments of hope and love they give to their friends in need is so inspirational. I have a family of quilters, who bring me their works of art to long arm (Barb, Deb and Leigh)...Grandmother, Daughter and Granddaughter. Their own lives have been challenged with cancer and now Leigh's friend Michelle is facing breast cancer head on.  Leigh and her family, made this wonderful support quilt for Michelle and had friends write their special messages onto hearts that were appliqued onto the quilt. I know Michelle will read each message and find strength in her battle through their thoughts and wishes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment