Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cutie Quilter Doll

I designed a doll for Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. before Christmas called Holly the Christmas Angel. Instead of making the same doll again when I taught the class I thought it might be nice to change her up a bit. I had this cute sewing themed fabric that I got during the summer and thought it would look sweet on her. There are 3 inch quilt blocks around the base of her skirt, 1 inch squared patchwork wings and I added an embroidery hoop with "I love Quilting". Her face is sculpted and painted with permanent marker. She has notions added to her hair and I think she turned out nicely. She stands on a wine bottle so that was a unique twist to a doll pattern.

1 comment:

  1. Believe it or not I do love this doll:) It would look nice in my quilting room Leslie!!! Nice work and very nice detail which you always do in any project you sew.

    ReplyDelete