I just love the Pioneer Woman ‘s blog and I really love her new food show on TV and have been taping them religiously. She had a wonderful recipe for Baked Chicken Spaghetti ….which sounded delicious, but I now my kids, specifically my boys, and I know that onions, green peppers, pimentos and mushroom are not in their vocabulary palates.
So I improvised to make the recipe fit for my family. Her original recipe is here if you would like to try hers….
Here is mine…..
- 2 cups shredded chicken from a store bought roasted chicken
- 1-16oz. package of angel hair spaghetti broken in half
- 2 cans Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1 whole sweet red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup Finely Diced Onion
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Cook your pasta till al dente, then drain. Toss everything in a bowl but the last cup of cheese which you use to top the casserole. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray, dump your mixture in and spread flat, top with your extra cup of grated cheese. Pop in the oven for 45 minutes at 350.
Mmmm, Mmmmm, Mmmm….
It was great, and I know this as my husband had a second helping and most times when I try something new he says “Don’t make that again”…..the boys were complimenting as well, so this ones a winner!