Sunday, February 13, 2011

I love a good Thimbleberries

This is one of my favorite quilts and it hangs proudly in the small hall separating our living room from our kitchen. The wall is quite large so the quilt is perfect to fit it and make a statement. I remember getting the quilt kit from Gone to Pieces quilt store and I remember getting it at half price, which makes it even more special. The centre piece was a panel and you attached all the pieced borders around the centre panel. It was one of the first quilts I long armed when I got my machine. I forget what the name of it is, hence, that is why you should always have  labels on your quilts when you complete them.  It's hung super easy by using a metal electric (hollow) pipe 3/4 inch which slips through 2 eye hooks at each end. All you do is run the pipe through your hanging sleeve at the back and slide the pipe into the hooks...it's invisible at the front and the pipe is quite sturdy so there is no wonk in your quilt at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment