Monday, May 12, 2014

I was lost but now I’m found

I know that I have been absent for absolutely months….Where have I been you ask?…….busy preparing for Dear Eldest Daughter’s Wedding which finally came to fruition on Saturday. I had been so busy and enthralled in all the details that everything else got pushed to the back burner.  I realized just how long I’ve been absent today, on my way to the bank to rob it to make a deposit to cover the reception…._)*_!*_#)*_$&_)!_#. But it’s all good…I’ll recoup the wedding costs in food alone over the next few years…not having  her fiancée here for dinner every night.

It was a beautiful day, she was a beautiful bride, beautiful memories and beautiful bags under my eyes. I don’t know why I  had a meltdown the next day…I cried from the minute I got up till I went to bed at 7pm(slept thru till 7 this morning). I already married her sister off a few years ago, and it’s not like they never come back…she’s here at least once a week for dinner and she brings her hubby and kids….there’s no getting rid of them.

Was I upset because this is the last daughter to go and she’s left me alone with her dad and her two brothers?  Me and three adult males alone for god knows how long…the boys seem to  have no intention in ever leaving.  It’s been wonderful having that female companionship right under the same roof…I will miss that, us…but she says she’ll come back with her new hubby once a week for dinner.  I told her to let me know when and I’d make stew….she hates stew. That’ll teach her for going and getting married and leaving me alone with the Three Stooges.

rebecca and kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment