The daughters have already been into these and say they are delicious.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melted Chocolate chips
- Crushed walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Form cookies (in an oval shape with a pointed end) and place 2" apart on on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 6-8 minutes or until set but not brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Dip 3/4 of cookies in melted chocolate and then in crushed walnuts. Dot two eyes and a nose!