I finally finished my Log Cabin quilt that I’m teaching in the New Year at Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. The beginner class I taught before Christmas wanted to continue with their quilting and we decided this would be a good one for them to continue with. It ended up quite large 100X100 and although I had wanted a different layout originally, I think that this one called Fields and Furrows worked out quite nicely. I had originally wanted a star format, but when all the blocks were laid out the black stripes on the blocks just did not look great in the star layout so I had to go with this one. I am still using up my stash…this one used up a pile of strips I had set aside for another project…I had the outer border fabric and backing in my stash as well. All i needed to purchase was a small amount for the centre squares and first border so I’m pretty pleased I’m making a dent in my fabric. I would definitely make another one of these…it was from the book by Eleanor Burns..Quilt in a Day Log Cabin and went together quite quickly and I really liked her technique. I used the panto pattern called Taro to machine quilt it and it shows up quite nicely.