Friday, November 16, 2012

Running out of Patience and Thread

SAM_4470

I thought I would lose my mind doing this quilt. I loved the look of it and so wanted to do this pattern…that was until I started making it. &)&%^%^(* I was just about spooled to death. The first few spools were ok and sort of fun, but by the time I got to the twentieth spool I was ready to scream. I thought I would never complete it. I started breaking down the spools to manageable workloads. I started doing 8 spools a night for 2 weeks to make some headway. I found that 8 a night was about my limited before I went stir crazy. The pattern is from the book by Whimsical called Just Spooling Around and was completed in the Red Rooster fabric line called Heartstrings. I’m glad it’s finished and it does look amazing, but if I see another spool of thread…it will be too soon. One of my favourites and worth every spool!

SAM_4463

No comments:

Post a Comment