I was sorting some bins and boxes out when I was totally shocked to find this UFO. It was the most ghastly fabric and pattern imaginable and as I looked at it I thought...What the hell was I thinking?...Well this might be salvageable. In the same bin was coloring and work pages of our youngest son Nick from when he was in grade 1. This dates this UFO back about 12 years. I looked at the pattern and decided I just couldn't continue on that path. I found a picture of a nice maple leaf quilt by Loft Creations which kind of resembled what I had going on. Most of the leaves were complete in the bin, and there was plenty of more ugly fabric, so I managed to make a few more leaves, and fill in the rest with plain fabric. I used a variegated thread and quilted the hell out of it pattern Plumage to try and hide the fabric. Turned out rather well considering that I was thinking of just pitching the whole thing.